DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS
This is a semi-skilled and manual labor position in connection with various Public Works activities of the municipality. Employees in this classification perform a variety of tasks using tools and equipment, following standard procedures. Instructions are usually received orally, and routine tasks are performed with considerable independence, but more difficult work is performed under direct supervision of a skilled workman. Work is subject to inspection during its progress and upon completion.
STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
1. General cleanup work such as raking leaves, sweeping, painting, grass cutting and park maintenance.
2. Use of hand tools for digging, backfilling, grading and general maintenance work.
3. Basic knowledge of hand power tools and their application.
4. Operate light equipment, i.e. pickup trucks, lawn mowers, snow blowers.
5. All other functions as directed by supervisor.
6. This is position is part time, on an as needed basis.
1. No known physical disabilities that would inhibit performance of assigned duties.
2. Possession of a valid PA Drivers’ License and general knowledge of PA vehicle code.
3. General knowledge of materials, tools and equipment used on construction and maintenance work.
4. Ability to understand and comprehend work and safety rules as explained to them.
5. Physical ability to perform duties assigned in all types of weather.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and taste or smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration. The employee occasionally works in high precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes and airborne particles, toxic and caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is loud.